Pages

Thursday 5 January 2012

Parappa The Rapper

Synopsis: Parappa The Rapper made a big splash when it was released in the United States in November of 1997 for a variety of reasons. First, it was a sign that the days of American gamers missing out on all of the quirky Japanese titles were nearing an end. And second, it was an extremely original title that was a departure from the cookie-cutter games that were being released on PlayStation in droves. The game was a simple timing-based game with memorable music and addictive gameplay. It's one of the PlayStation's most original titles to day. 

Dave Zdyrko's Take: Parappa The Rapper is one of those games that while I wasn't ever any good at it, I couldn't stop playing that silly thing. What's more, it was a game that I enjoyed watching others play as much as I enjoyed playing myself. It just had an enormous amount of appeal, the characters were cute and very inventive, and the songs were just so memorable. The lovable rap lyrics in the game were extremely humorous and just got ingrained into your mind the more that you listened to them. 

Oh, and the bathroom stage with the diarrhea has got to be one of the funniest levels in the history of videogames. The first time I saw someone play through that stage I was on the floor laughing my butt off and it was the topic of conversation for weeks. It's an amazing game that should be a part of all PlayStation owners' collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment